AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

A trip to the Windy City

Two weeks ago, Mr. FEO and I took the train to Chicago to celebrate his 37th birthday. It was a great trip, so I thought I'd share just a couple of pictures from that weekend.




This is an old fire station, and of course we had to take a picture of it. We usually scout out a few different stations on our trips to Chicago, and this one was my favorite one that we saw this time.



When it's just the two of us traveling together, it's hard to get pictures together, unless they're self portraits, so this was a unique opportunity to take a self portrait in a mirrored sphere in Millenium Park, so you can actually see all of us, and not just our heads!


The building with the gold top is the Carbide and Carbon Building - The Hard Rock Hotel, where we always stay when we visit Chicago.



The hotel sign!!




This picture is one that I really like from this trip. The reflection on the water is really pretty, and it was a beautiful clear evening!
On our trip to Chicago I also discovered that I like Blue Moon beer. And maybe I drank a few ... and although I'd lost 9 lbs before going on the trip, I gained 4 lbs back while we were there. How that happens over a 4 day weekend, I will never understand, but whatever.
As of yesterday morning, I have officially lost 10 lbs!!! So it took me an extra 2 weeks to get to this mini-goal because of the backwards movement I had from our trip, but I am so happy!!
All in all, 2010 is turning out pretty good so far!





1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! FF and I went to Chicago for the Outdoor Winter Classic hockey game last winter and couldn't get over how nice everyone was there. It's a beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete