Let me start by saying that I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE mandatory overtime.
Mr. FEO left for work on Saturday morning, and was supposed to come home on Sunday morning ... it was just supposed to be a regular 24 hour shift. I'm used to that. He works a 24 hour shift every other day (3 out of 5) and then has 4 days off. So he was also supposed to be on duty today. But Sunday was supposed to be OUR day at home. Until he called me at 7:15am to tell me that he wasn't going to be coming home because someone called in sick and they needed him (and another guy from his shift who was supposed to be going home to his wife also) to stay for another 24 hours. Which combined with today's 24 hour shift means that he will be gone for 72 hours .... AGAIN. He worked a 72 hour shift last weekend too, and was gone Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
As a reward for Mr. FEO being honored as Instructor of the Year, I purchased 2 tickets to the movie theater to see the Dave Matthews in 3D. I didn't tell him I bought the tickets ... though he does know now, because I had to tell him why I was upset. Luckily, the very kind and understanding cashier at the AMC offered to refund my money onto a gift card, so we can go anytime to see a show. Problem is, Mr. FEO loves DMB and this was the only weekend that it was showing :( I was so excited about this gift!!
Additionally, many know that this was our first Clomid cycle in our TTC journey. We planned it out so that my O day would be when we were home together to have some sexy time. Sadly, I'm fairly certain (as certain as you can be when you only track CM and not temps) that I O'd sometime yesterday or during the night. It would have been perfect actually because he was supposed to be home on Sunday.
Now, we did do the deed late on Friday night ... but was it enough? Are those swimmers super strong? I don't know. They'd be 2 days old by then ... and what if the O was actually sometime this morning? Then we're looking at 3 day old swimmers .... and that would really take a miracle, which is why I'm asking for one.
Timing is always going to be an issue for us because of his schedule, but this weekend really just sucked because it was supposed to be perfect. I mean, I know we still only have a 20% chance of conception ... but we had a CHANCE. The first chance we've ever had, and I feel like it was such a waste. I know it's not over until AF shows, but really, I'm just so disappointed. The movies, the probable O ... oh yes, and the 2 pregnancies announced at work this morning.
I just can't win.
My lower back is freaking killing me ... I can barely stand up without pain. I did it to myself though. To wallow in my sorrows, I ate an entire (small) bag of Totinos pizza rolls last night. I didn't eat all day, and that was the only thing that sounded remotely tasty. For me, metformin + pizza = bad news in the bathroom. ... and I'm at work, suffering from depression about the other pregnancies, having a horrible dehydration backache and probably O'd on a day that Mr. FEO was at work.
I am obviously having a terrible Monday. If you feel like crossing any appendages that Friday's swimmers were strong enough ... please and thank you :)
Love to all ...
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


((hugs)) Keep your chin up love.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you, I know how tough it all is.
ReplyDeleteoh that is a whole lot of thumbs down...I'm sorry. I hope this week looks up for you.
ReplyDelete