Well, my friends, I am a research guinea pig!
Today I was poked and prodded in ways I've never before experienced.
I had a balloon inserted into my uterus, inflated, and had a saline solution that felt like liquid fire flushed through to make certain my tubes were open (and they are). It felt like 10 years, but really I think it was about 10 minutes, including the ultrasound - during which the balloon was inflated. I have over 30 cysts on each ovary. I almost started crying. I didn't want to hear that. Then they said these were not problematic cysts, just proof of my PCOS, so I felt a little better.
I had 10 vials of blood taken from me on an empty stomach that had been fasting since about 7pm yesterday.
I almost passed out from the blood draw (the whole hearing became muffled, I felt dizzy and was seeing spots thing), but thankfully I had a protein bar in my purse and some gatorade in the car, so I was okay after that.
I had my annual pap and breast exam.
They checked my vitals (and my nervous, racing heart made my blood pressure look too high at 135/95).
I've been cramping all day - still feels like liquid fire. "it will feel like menstrual cramps" HAHA no, not at all.
I have to start provera again in about 10 days after my bloodwork and pap results come back. This will have been my shortest cycle yet.
I start the study meds on CD3 of the next cycle. Less than a month away now!
Holy cow, I could be pregnant in a month. Or at least sometime in the next 5 cycles!! It's been a long road, and with a lot of bumps and uncertainty. I hope that this study gives us the result we've been waiting for.
And if not, then I'm already under the care of a specialist, and we'll be moving on to injectible meds and IUI.
At least we have a path that we're happy with!!
Happy Monday!!
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


My god 10 vials of blood?!? Holy crap. They just take one or two from me and I'm ready to pass out....and that's after I've eaten lunch and am laying down. I wish I was kidding, lol! It's actually noted on my chart at my general prac. that I have to be laying down to have blood taken :P
ReplyDeleteI hope all this poking, proding and meds leads to some amazing results soon. It will definitely make it all worth it!! And if not, it's good to know you have a specialist to work with and still more options available!!
Thanks for for the blog invite ;)
Sarah! I'm so glad to hear that you will be moving forward with the study. I wish the best of luck to you and will be praying for a baby!!
ReplyDelete