AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, May 8, 2009

Trying to conceive.

Yes, that's right. The hubs and I are wishing and hoping for a little FireBaby to join our family. What a nightmare it's proving to be. Not that I have much room to talk; I know there are plenty of couples out there who have a hard time, much harder than I can talk about only a little over 2 months into it. But that doesn't really make it any less frustrating for me.

I was on hormonal birth control pills for years and years. I lost track of how long it was exactly, but it's been a long time. I heard from some people that it takes 3-6 months to regulate, and from others that it could be even longer. But then I heard from several people who were able to get pregnant right away, the first month after stopping their pills. So I figured it wouldn't be too bad for me. Oh to have known what I know now back before I went on the pills in the first place - I never would have started.

I stopped taking my pills on March 5. So I'm now into month 3 of no birth control. I have not had a visit from AF yet (and I'm not pregnant as both home and blood tests have proven) and all my hormone levels are within the normal range. So as of last night, I have to take a hormone supplement for 10 days in order to hopefully get AF to show her wicked face. I really hope it works because it was the last thing I wanted to have to do (take more hormones, that is).

Since stopping my pills, I have acquired a bad case of oily skin and acne like never before in my life - it's the worst ever for someone who never had this growing up!! I've also gained weight (I thought you were supposed to lose weight when coming off those pills???) and had bad headaches and random cramps and other bathroom issues that don't really need to be discussed here. Suffice it to say that it's been a rough couple of months.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this little 10 day hormone therapy will get me where I need to be, and that things regulate and my body learns that it is, after all, a fertile almost-30 year old woman!!

I have a follow up with the OB on June 8. I'm sure it's not possible, but how fab would it be if we miraculously had a BFP before then?!? Ahhh. A girl can hope for miracles, right :)

Lucky for me ... the hubby doesn't really seem to notice the weight fluctuation or the acne, and regularly tells me I'm beautiful no matter what. He really is amazing! <3 <3 <3

1 comment:

  1. Aw, i'm sorry you have to take the hormones, but hopefully they will get things in gear and you can get that BFP this summer!

    ReplyDelete