AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I feel ... interesting.

BFN yesterday morning, but I expected that so it's okay this time, surprisingly.

I brought the hubby to my follow-up doctor appointment yesterday ... good thing, since he remembered some of the questions I might have forgotten had I gone alone. :) The doctor was thorough in his explanations and the plan of action we'll now take.

First ... must get a new cycle going. I have to take Provera again for that, but I'm waiting a few days to start it because otherwise I'll have a visit from AF while we're up north camping for 4 days (think ROUGH camping - no running water) and that's no ideal situation when AF is around! A few more days isn't going to hurt anything at this point.

Second ... I started taking metformin yesterday; half dose for 2 weeks before graduating to the full dose after that. This should help balance my hormones and help me lose some weight that I gained after coming off the birth control (it was OUT OF CONTROL!) ... I have already been on an eating plan of about 1400cal/day with 4-6 workouts a week (2 with a personal trainer) but I was still gaining wait, with little explanation. I took off 60 lbs 3 years ago (but I was on birth control then which is why the doctor thinks I lost it relatively easily back then). We'll see. At this point, I'm willing to try anything.

The doctor believes that once the hormones are balanced from the metformin and a reduction in my weight that I might start ovulating on my own (!!!!!) and may not need any other meds to get pregnant, but if I'm not pregnant within the next 4 months, then we will be trying Clomid.

And third ... since I'm not predictibly ovulating right now, I've decided to stop temping. It stresses me out when I see the perpetual inconsistancy in my temps and just gets me down that I'm not really functioning properly. Yeah, I know. Not temping is a bad idea in general. Maybe I'll start again at some point, but for now I'm only going to chart CM and other symptoms. It's better this way, at least I think it's going to be better this way. If it gets to the point of Clomid, I'll start temping again.

My one sadness in all of this - NO SWEETS at all with the metformin. No white flour either, which means no pasta. And let me tell you, for an Italian girl, this might be the end of me.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment