Three years ago today was a regular Thursday at work. I was dressed on the casual side, but toward the end of the day I changed into a fancy black skirt and cute black and tan striped short-sleeved sweater. I fixed my hair a little (as much as you can fix hair that was in a bun all day) by changing out the band to a black one. A coworker asked what I was doing. I told her that I was heading to the rehearsal dinner for my friend's wedding, since I was a bridesmaid. She told me I should put on some better mascara and a little bit of makeup, because "you never know who you might meet". I remember thinking she was crazy - I was actually happily single, sick of the online dating and definitely tired of the bar scene (I was 26 and really just enjoying my "me time"). But I did add some fresh mascara and lip gloss.
Fast forward to the rehearsal at the chapel ... I noticed there was one groomsman in particular that was looking at me from across the way. I smiled. So did he.
We went to the dinner and I sat with my best friend (another bridesmaid) and we were just chatting and hanging out. This groomsman who smiled at me was sitting at the end of the table, on the other side of my best friend. Those blue eyes!!! Yeah, okay, I was attracted. The groom's parents were sitting across from me, and I remember thinking that they were so nice and funny. Then I heard Mr. Blue Eyes call them Mom and Dad. WHAT?! My friend's almost-husband has a brother??? And she never told me? Small talk and introductions. Sarah meet Aron, Aron meet Sarah. I suddenly couldn't wait for the wedding on Saturday to get to know this guy a little bit more.
I got a call the next night from the bride saying that I better save a dance for her future brother-in-law because apparently he couldn't stop talking about me to his brother, who of course told her. I was shocked. Really ... he's interested in me too? WOW!
We were inseparable at the wedding. We went on our first date two days later, on Monday. We went to the gym and to Max & Erma's for dinner. Three weeks later I was telling people we were going to get married someday. In March we moved in together. In May we were engaged. And now we've been married nearly a year.
All thanks to a coworker, on a random Thursday at work who told me to put on some mascara.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm all teary-eyed, sitting at my desk! <3 you Sarah!
ReplyDeleteI love this :)
ReplyDelete