AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Green Bean & Chicken Casserole

Okay, I know this isn't a food blog, and I've never posted recipes here. In fact, I deleted the food blog I used to have because we just don't cook often enough. I also didn't take a picture because I never intended to blog about it...

But now I have to RAVE about the casserole we made last night.

It's a spin on the holiday classic green bean casserole, so if you don't like that then you won't like this ... but for all of you who are lovers of those green beans like me, then this is for you!!

Mr. and Mrs. FEO's Green Bean & Chicken Casserole

Ingredients:
1 family size bag of frozen cut green beans
4 cans of condensed cream of celery soup
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 large can of french fried onions

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Dice chicken breasts into small cubes and season as desired (we use garlic pepper)
3. Drizzle a small amount of extra-virgin olive oil into a large skillet and brown the seasoned chicken cubes (they don't have to cook all the way through, but most of the way is a good idea)
4. Mix the cans of celery soup, green beans and cooked chicken in a large bowl and then transfer into a large casserole dish.
5. Top with the entire can of french fried onions (we like the crunchy!)
6. Bake for 1 hour.

It's really easy, and really tasty! If you're looking for something unique to share with your family this holiday season, then this is great! You could substitute cream of mushroom soup instead of the cream of celery, but we hate mushrooms so that wasn't an option for us!

ENJOY!!

2 comments:

  1. OOh, that sounds wonderful.....we love green bean casserole, why did I not ever think of throwing chicken in there and making it a meal! I know what I'm making next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! How did I not think to add chicken. Green bean casserole is one of my favorites. Good call on this one! :)

    ReplyDelete