AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, June 7, 2010

Still Sick.

Yes, I'm still WAY under the weather, and last night was probably the worst of all so far with the coughing.

I don't know if it's because last night was the first night I opted not to put Vicks Vapo-Rub on my chest or if the cough was just going to be bad regardless.

I'm taking Sudafed for the congestion (even though it's not "pregnancy safe") because I need the relief. I'm quite sure I'm not pregnant right now. If I even ovulated this cycle, it was probably not until sometime yesterday, or maybe early today. Being sick though, I'm not really sure.

I'm also taking a prescription cough pill (which the doctor at the urgent care said is safe for pregnancy) that seems to help during the day, but I tell you ... as soon as I try to lay down, I just cough and cough and cough. I have NO voice.

I'm guessing I'm going to stay home for one more day just to try to rest up some. I am trying not to use any of my leave because on the slim chance we do get pregnant, I am going to want to have at least 8 weeks off. I have about 12 weeks total in my bank right now, so I'm okay and I know we'll cross that bridge when it comes. Still, I am trying to be careful.

As for calling in tomorrow ... that will be the 4th time in 7 years that I've called in. It's just not something I do lightly, and I feel horribly guilty every.single.time which is why I so rarely do. Luckily, I was already off today, so it didn't count!!

On Friday, I'll go for my b/w and u/s to check my response this cycle. I'm not going to hold my breath, but I'll update one way or the other afterwards!

Happy?? Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I'm right there with you downing Sudafed and dealing with coughing ((hugs))

    And lots of sticky baby dust to you and Aron! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete