AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

Go Green, Go White! Let's Go State!

In preparation for the coming cold weather games that are sure to be a part of our season ... I made a blanket to take to the games with us! I'm quite proud of it!



Instructions on how to make this simple blanket:

(note: I made this one larger than most)

  • Purchase 3 yards each of two different fleeces. (normally 2 yards is plenty for a throw blanket)
  • Line up the pieces, pattern sides out on a large, flat surface.
  • Trim the pieces so they are the same size.
  • Cut a square out of each corner (I usually do the length of my scissor blades, so about 3 inches).
  • Cut 1 inch wide strips all the way around.
  • Tie each of the strips in a double knot (thus tying the two pieces of fleece together).

You're done!!! See, I told you it was simple. :)

Now we have a delightful way to keep us warm at the games this fall. I'm so excited!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Did you put any kind of batting in the middle or is it just the two pieces of fleece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda - I went the super easy route, and it's just the two pieces of fleece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I made a couple of those for Christmas presents a few years ago! I need to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete