AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

PROUD FIREWIFE!!

I'm always amazed and proud of my husband.

Yes, I get annoyed when the phone rings for overtime at 2am or 6am or at any time during the day when we're spending time together. Yes, it often infuriates me when he is stuck working holidays and weekends. It's hard when he's teaching at the college every Tuesday and Thursday night and all day on Saturdays whenever he's not at the station.

Today, we got some AMAZING news. It makes it all worth it.

Mr. FEO is the Instructor of the Year for the county fire academy!!!
This is the biggest honor that an instructor can receive, and his name will be permanently on a plaque at the college.

I haven't stopped smiling since he called from work to tell me the news, and to tell me that I have to take the day off on December 11 for the banquet that starts at 8am.

The banquet is formal. He'll wear his dress uniform (HOT!!) and I have an excuse to go buy a new dress. The banquet also starts at 8am and is a breakfast. I am taking the day off work, but wow ... that just seems strange to me, but it'll be fun regardless - and I get a long weekend out of it!

So yes, I'm always amazed and proud of my husband. He does a job that many couldn't do. He doesn't get the respect that he deserves by the residents of the city he works in. He calls himself a "dumb fireman" ... and he is obviously anything but!

So today I'm not only amazed and proud, I'm thrilled that Mr. FEO is getting the recognition that he has worked so hard for.

CONGRATULATIONS my love, I'm so excited for you!!

4 comments: