We have a houseguest this week, the hubby's friend from VA Beach Fire Dept. Great guy, really nice ... but he has taken over the spare bathroom ... which is where I keep my hair products and makeup. I was SO irritated this morning and it wouldn't ordinarily bug me. I know, I know! I should have gone in there last night and gotten what I need and put it in our master bath. OH, but the hubs was in that bathroom shaving etc. Yeah .... 6am hotspot for getting ready for work at our house today! So today, my hair is in a bun and I'm makeup free.
Having a houseguest who is also in the fire service does have it's good side though ... he, like my husband, can COOK. And, because we have "company" we are actually eating decent meals at home (which by default means I get decent lunches for work too - I love leftovers). We had marinated, grilled chicken and asparagus on Monday night, coney dogs and sweet potato fries yesterday and who knows what for the rest of the week, but YUM is all I say about that.
The guys are teaching an FEO class (fire engine operator i.e. driver/pump operator for those who don't know) at the local college this week. So they teach during the day, head to the bar for a quick drink after, home for dinner and oh yes, it's hockey playoff season ... so that means more beer and late nights in front of the tv at our house. I, on the other hand, try to go to bed by 10 - which is hard when they are drinking beer and shouting at the tv!
Firemen sure can drink a LOT of beer! Two men, 3 days so far and already 3 12-packs GONE! We should buy stock in Michelob Ultra, I think.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Overall sounds like a good time! Wish my hubby could could, but alas, that is left up to me, and I am mediocre at best! Well, at least yesterday was the last weeknight hockey game, only one more to go on Friday!
ReplyDelete