I am so glad that I have found an OB who is proactive.
After my last cycle, which lasted 68 days and was ended with progesterone supplements, I am very excited that after my appointment today we have a definite plan of action.
I am to test at cd35 if no AF ... but I'm probably going to test at 18dpo, which will be cd33 ... and if it's a BFN I'm to start Provera again. I hate taking hormone supplements, but if this is what it takes, then I'll try it again. He scheduled me an ultrasound for 2 weeks from today, just to rule out PCOS (and I'm crossing my fingers that it IS ruled out). From there, hopefully we'll have AF starting from the Provera (or of course, a BFP this cycle - though I'm not overly hopeful for that). I'll also have to have bloodwork done again on cd3 of the next cycle.
Anyway, I've heard that many doctors make you wait a year of trying before they do any testing, so I'm grateful that my doctor isn't like that! Maybe the fact that I'll be 30 in a few months and Aron is 36 comes into play ... I don't know, but I am glad that I'll be getting some results.
All things considered now, I wish I'd stopped the BCP's a year ago. If only I'd known about charting and such way back when, maybe I'd have never started them in the first place. Oh well ... live and learn, I guess!
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment