WTF, PCOS. I'm kind of convinced it's partially caused by the fact that I was on BCP's since my cycles were pretty much normal when I was younger. Maybe it's my family history of diabetes (apparently, it can become PCOS in women in their 20's and 30's instead of actual diabetes). Lovely. Thanks genetics, I really appreciate you.
Just a bump in the road, someone told me (I'd really rather have a baby bump, thanks) .... and a treatable one at that, so I know I shouldn't be overly upset. Lots of women who have this condition can (and do) get pregnant so I shouldn't get down on myself, but nevertheless, I didn't expect to hear that when the OB's office called me this morning. "Your ultrasound was very normal, BUT there are some small cysts on your ovaries consistant with the PCOS that you and Dr. L discussed at your last appointment, and you will discuss treatment options at your appointment next week."
It just seems so unreal. I don't have symptoms of this condition ... except for these ultrasound results. My bloodwork back in early May was NORMAL. I don't know whether I want to go cry in a corner or punch something.
The plan of the moment:
Follow up appointment on Monday, July 6.
Take HPT that morning, just to be sure.
Start Provera again that night (assuming neither AF has shown nor BFP - either of which would be great at this point).
At least it's a plan.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Sorry to hear, but yes, it is good to have a plan now instead of just wondering what the heck is going on anymore. It seems to be a pretty common condition, so once you have your game plan set, hopefully you won't have any more problems!! GL next Monday.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear this. ::Hugs:: Don't give up and GL at your next appt.
ReplyDelete