AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Well, I have an empty ute.

I got to experience my first ultrasound yesterday. They did an internal and external.

It was so sad to look at my empty ute on the monitor ... not precisely how I'd envisioned my first ultrasound, let me tell you. I was expecting it though since I'd taken another HPT yesterday morning for another BFN. I must have stared at that thing for a solid 10min just willing a second line to show up ... ah well, such is the way of it. I've only been off BCP since March 5.

The ultrasound itself was weird because it was all black and white for my right ovary and my uterus ... she got to my left ovary and the screen exploded in red and orange and yellow. Of course, the tech can't answer any questions so I won't know what the heck was going on there until the doctor calls me sometime this week. Let me tell you, I'm a little freaked out about it .... I mean, I was pretty sure I was having ovulation pains on the left this cycle, and that I'd ovulated ... but who knows. I am still experiencing many of the symptoms I was before. Headaches, some fireworks, cramping, fatigue and thirst. Soooo, since I'm not pregnant and AF doesn't appear to be anywhere near ... WHAT IS GOING ON???????

I decided to wait and hear from the doctor before I start another round of progesterone. I want to know what's going on in there before I resort to meds again.

My husband is amazing through all this ... because he knows I'm stressed about it (even though I shouldn't be; it's early in the process yet) but what's cool is that his whole fire department is rooting for us as well. It really continues to resonate that the fire department is another extended family to us. They are some really wonderful people.

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything is okay and that whatever is going on is just a quick and easy fix! When is the doc supposed to call you, the anticipation is the worst I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete